Thursday, 24 June 2010

Long time between updates

I've managed to find some time out from my day job (crazy busy at the moment) to drop in an update to the Mono - RabbitMQ/AMQP integration. The RabbitMQ client is now at version 1.8 and up to date with the latest from the RabbitMQ team.


knocte said...

Any chance you can have a look at this bug?


Louis Salin said...

Hey Mike,

Where can I get this latest update? I looked all over github in the Mono repository and didn't find it.


Michael Barker said...

This was checked into svn before the move to github. Its in the main branch:

Louis Salin said...

Cool, I cloned the master branch and recompiled mono. (forgive me if this isn't the best place to discuss this...) Then I took out System.Messaging.dll, Mono.Messaging.dll, Mono.Messaging.RabbitMQ.dll and RabbitMQ.Client.dll from mcs/class/lib and used them as reference for the sample code that you provided on the Mono webpage. I tried to run it with both RabbitMQ 1.8.0 and 1.8.1 installed and I keep getting this error:

Unhandled Exception: RabbitMQ.Client.Exceptions.OperationInterruptedException: The AMQP operation was interrupted: AMQP close-reason, initiated by Peer, code=406, text="PRECONDITION_FAILED - parameters for queue 'testq' in vhost '/' not equivalent", classId=50, methodId=10, cause=

log file shows:

=ERROR REPORT==== 8-Aug-2010::15:05:33 ===
connection <0.206.0> (running), channel 1 - error:
"parameters for queue 'testq' in vhost '/' not equivalent",

It works fine when I use rabbitmq-server 1.7.1

I'll see if I can just build System.Messaging on its own without the rest of Mono and try again.

Michael Barker said...

If you've checked out the Mono source and done a full build, go into the mcs/class/System.Messaging directory and run: 'make run-test'. This works for me against rabbit-mq 1.8.1.

I may need to update the example.